I went to watch Twilight with Chrystabel, Xueli, Shiya, and Shiya's little brother at Bishan Junction 8 today. We met at CCK. Xueli was late!
Bought tickets, ate lunch, and went into the predictably packed cinema. Got seats six rows from the front and we were all lying on the chairs, heads tilted to the big screen.
It was supposed to be the highlight of the day because the point of going out was to watch this movie, since almost everyone I know is obsessed with the book and these people keep bugging me to read it.
And those people who have already watched the movie said that if you didn't read the book, you'd think that the movie is nice. But if you have read the book, you'd think that the movie was lousy because the book was so much nicer.
But this is so not true.
Because I have not read the book at all and I found that the movie was utterly disappointing. By some point during the movie, I didn't feel like watching it anymore, because it was getting boring. I was sinking further into the chair, until the baseball scene. There was some action (at the part when James almost kills Bella) which made me sit up a little, but it ended too soon.
The girls were talking about how Bella and Edward could fall in love that quickly, which is true, because I'm sure there were livelier dialogues in the book. I mean, the book couldn't have been that gloomy and dull, or it couldn't have become the best selling book right?
I just told my sister that Twilight, the movie, was lousy and she was like, "See! I told you so."
I went, "Nooo, you didn't tell me!"
And she was like, "Oh. But I remember telling a lot of people that the movie sucks."
Anyway, we walked around, shopped and went to the arcade. Played Daytona twice and won both games! Yay. Then we decided to have dinner together. Being indecisive people, we didn't know where to go for dinner. Lol. So we went to Causeway Point first as Chrystabel said, "哎呀,船到桥头自然直!"
Then we ended up eating at Pizzahut.
The waiter was really funny. We asked him what the difference was between a Hawaiian pizza and a Super Hawaiian pizza and he got it wrong by saying it the other way round. Haha. Then he corrected himself lah. And when he was writing the order down he dropped his pen. Maybe he's new or it's his first time taking orders. Or maybe, somehow, we made him nervous. Lol!
Came back in time to meet Brenda (the sec three girl who's my neighbour) to pass her a pair of PE shorts, but not before watching a bit of 心花朵朵开2. My mum and I didn't watch the first part but since she wants to watch Patricia Mok being the 大嘴巫婆 in the show, I watch it with her. Haha. And local dramas are easy to catch up with, anyway.
Besides, it has got to be better than watching 不良笑花 on Channel U because I find the main actress really retarded, really annoying, and really revolting. I couldn't stand watching the show for barely ten minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment