Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Release of the Chinese 'O' Level Results

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I ONLY GOT AN EFFING B3 :(

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Okay, so I was disappointed. When Vanessa and I got to the board yesterday after having floorball for PE, it was already damn crowded. I had to squeeze in just to see that I only got a three.

Even though I said that I'd be happy with a three and I won't retake chinese at the end of the year as long as I had at least obtained a B4, I was still unhappy about getting B3. It's probably the crappiest grade ever. I wanted at least an A2! B3 is like, ALMOST there, but not good enough.

But then again, since when am i ever happy about my grades?

During chinese, I texted mummy dearest.
Me: Mummy i got B3 for chinese. Is that good?

And her reply was just one word,
Mum: Good
Me: Should i retake? Shixu say i should retake.

And then, another super short reply
Mum: No need

LOL. After a while, Mdm Shixu walked over while I was doing math. And she was like, 诗婷,你要不要重考?So I was like, 我还不太清楚。。And she so said, 我会鼓励你去再试一试,因为我觉得你和Jiaying应该是可以拿到 A 的。回家和你的父母商量吧。So I went, 哦,刚才我的妈妈说 B3 已经很好了,不用重考。Mdm Shixu smiled an little and told me to give her a letter tomorrow.

During PCCG, we went to the hall and mrs kee showed us some statistics of our scores and compared us to the previous batch. Was surprised when marcus texted me. I was still deep in thought, contemplating to retake the chinese 'O' level examination. I felt schizophrenic because I was arguing with myself in my head. And then mummy smsed me again, saying: Concentrate on the other subjects what for waste time re take chinese

A part of me did want to retake; especially after what Shixu said. And Nureen reminded me that Wan CF had said that I could take higher mother tongue. So in a way, if I didn't retake, I wouldn't be doing myself justice. I mean, what did i have to lose? even if i didn't get a better grade, at least I know that i've tried.

Yet, I should be concentrating on my math and science if I want to get into a junior college. And retaking doesn't guarantee that I will get a better grade. For all you know, the chinese paper at the end of the year might be harder. I also didn't want to take the chinese preliminary exam. It might be turn out to be a waste of time.

Which is why I got a headache and rushed down to the canteen after school for some food. Ate my lunch and was outside the school gates at two ten. Met Brenda and Josephine on the way to the bus stop. Got onto the bus at 2.20. Reached westmall at 2.35. The train came at 2.40. Was already walking home by 2.50.

Mummy reached home earlier than me, and so we sat down and when she was done talking to me, it was 3.15. Wow. Somehow, she was able to convince me that I shouldn't retake chinese.

My sister called me from her NTU hostel two and a half hours later.

Jie: Hey, so how much did you get for your chinese?
Me: B3.
Jie: Yay! I knew it, I knew it! Hahaha.
Me: Wait, how did you know the results came out today?
Jie: Because my tuition kid smsed me and she also got a B3.
Me: Oh okay. But I am sad.
Jie: Why?
Me: Because I want an A.
Jie: Go fuck yourself and die.
Me: Okay, but that's impossible.
Jie: Okay. Go concentrate on your other subjects.

Gosh, she sounds just like mum.


Majority of the people in 4E2 had their english oral today, except for the last ten of the class register. Vanessa and I kept saying how "nervous" we were. Lol. Ate lunch with her and Jiaying before heading home.

OMG, ENGLISH ORAL TOMORROW.

No comments: