Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Prelims are here!

The Chemistry practical prelim exam was yesterday! Today's Biology practical! Which means that there's no school for us lit students! Tomorrow there's Physics practical! On Friday there will be Chemistry Paper Two!

And I'm so dead! I DON'T LIKE SCIENCE!

I brought my handphone to school so it was confiscated by Mr. Quek. The exam was OK I guess. Quite fun actually. I like chem prac! But I have no idea if my observations were correct. Went to the hall and there was a bag check for electronic devices capable of storing/transmitting data.

Mr. Quek told -I mean YELLED- at us to stand in a straight line and empty our bags. He also said to hold onto our valuables or put them in our pockets. So I placed my MP3 player inside my pocket and it wasn't found. Thanks for the warning, Mr. Quek! And thankfully, Mdm Yaw refused Mr. Quek's suggestion of checking our pockets as well.

But it isn't my fault for bringing electronic devices capable of storing/transmitting data, because I fell asleep on the sofa last night was in a rush when i woke up in the morning and packed my bag, plus, I had diarrhoea and was almost late. And it's only part of a routine to grab my electronic devices capable of storing/transmitting data before I head out of the door.

After collecting our handphones from Mr Quek, Jack and Michelle showed me Jack's handphone wallpaper, which was an animated kitten bobbing its head to some music quite stupidly, but it was still quite cute. Michelle said that it looks retarded and Bryant was saying that its gay for him to have such a wallpaper, and Jack was doing his usual haha-this-is-so-funny laugh.

Went to Westmall's koufu to have lunch with Chrystabel, Melina, Vanessa, Jiaying, Yiting, Cecilia and Josephine. Was supposed to study but it rained so I had a nice afternoon nap.

And I'm supposed to be studying now, but by typing out this post, I feel that it would remind me not to bring any electronic device capable of storing/transmitting data tomorrow.

Oh, and GOOD NEWS! (There's hardly ever any good news nowadays, with prelims and everything) I can now send UNLIMITED SMSES! YAY YAY YAY! My student plan starts TODAY, since I have just received the handphone bill. Oh, and I only exceeded my free smses this month by 144 messages! This is probably because of the following story:

I woke up on a Saturday morning and was surprised by Hadi's message that he was leaving and asked if all of us could go to the airport. I didn't know what to do, and maybe I was supposed to go like, sorry dude, we have prelims on monday, but instead, I spent the whole of Saturday text messaging the people who went for OBBD and were in the group Pateh Berbai/OSP, asking them if they wanted to send him off. Because I thought that I shouldn't just be the only one who knew about it and keep the information to myself?

But obviously everyone was like, cannot lah, got prelims, must study/ sorry not free, got church/ I'm grounded/ he come at the wrong time lah/ I don't want to wake up early leh/ too far, tuition brought forward, etc. Perfectly understandable, because he really did come at the wrong time. I thought, when he told me on MSN ages ago, that when he said he was coming to Singapore at the end of the year, I thought at the end of the year meant after the 'O' levels.

Anyway Hadi went back to Brunei on Sunday, and it turns out that he was here for BCF not OBS, but I forgot what BCF stands for. Anyway, Aman and I sent him off at the airport on Sunday morning, which was weird but whatever. Dad drove me there and we had breakfast together. Which was weird as well. Oh yeah, and I gave Hadi two photos taken during OBBD, printed out using my pretty laser printer. Then Daddy drove me to Jurong Regional Library because I wanted to study there, but I ended up going to Bukit Panjang to study.

Even though I studied for 4 hours straight, the topics which I had covered thoroughly just did not appear in the social studies paper. When the question paper was given out, I heard some guys like Alan saying 'Shit!', and by the time I got my hands on the question paper (because my index number is 39), I realised why this was so and muttered 'Shit!' under my breath as well. I don't think I did well for E Math paper 1 either.

Oh yeah. I'm not supposed to bring electronic device capable of storing/transmitting data tomorrow. I don't see why Mr. Quek had to create such a big hoo-ha about it, but still, I have to remind myself not to bring any electronic device capable of storing/transmitting data tomorrow.

I like chem prac but I don't like physics prac! In general, I hate exams. Especially preliminary examinations. And I don't like not being able to bring electronic devices capable of storing/transmitting data.

No comments: