Good news! (YAY!)
- I got highest in class for situational writing! I think. I don't know. Irvin made it seem that way.
- Mrs. Toh printed out my exposition about mobile phones! I thought I was writing rubbish. So when they passed down the model essays, I stared blankly at the paper and didn't realise it was mine until I read the first line and my head jerked back a little because I was like, O.O. So I stoned and Jiaxun was like, "Haha, you're reading your own essay?" And I was like, "No lah! I'm just surprised."
And I think my essay isn't very good but Mrs. Toh was like, "You see, Shi Ting (emphasis on 'Shi') has enough points to elaborate on," blah blah, "If you don't have a good command of english better not choose to write an exposition," blah blah. But actually I chose to write an exposition because it was about handphones and it was easy because I'm addicted to text messaging too. And it reminded me of how Mrs. Toh caught me using my handphone in class last year before we shifted to this holding school. Besides, Mrs. Toh told us to try new things during school examinations or tests, and not wait until the 'O' levels because you'll probably screw up. - I passed A-Math! I went to get one more mark from Mdm Yeo and when she changed my marks, she was like, "Good, I can see improvement." YAY!
- I got A2 for Literature! Which isn't an improvement because I always get A2 so I was like, boo, I can never get A1! But the funny thing is I got exactly the same marks for both papers.
Paper one: 18 + 17 = 35/50.
Paper two: 18 + 17 = 35/50.
Total: 70/100 - The other funny thing was that I was the only person in class out of the other 23 lit students, who chose to do the essay question about 'The Ugly Singaporean.' Mr. Latiff was like, "I'm glad one person in this class attempted question one." Then he looked at me and smiled. Hahaha.
- Mrs. Toh scared the hell out of me on career day when she was like, "Shi Ting (emphasis on 'Shi'), I need to see you about how you answer your second question for your history SEQ." And I was thinking, OH NOs. I'm going to fail my combined humanities because I wrote crap and I didn't study because I tried to spot questions and I'm going to die.
But nooooo. During the last minute history remedial on Thursday, Mrs. Toh told the class and was all, "You cannot answer the part (b) question like you're answering the part (a) question!" Which was what I did because I wrote that one reason is this and another reason is that. And Mrs. Toh said, "So Shi Ting (emphasis on 'Shi'), you understand now?" And I nodded but I felt stupid because she got me worried for three freaking days for just such a minor issue.
And I ended up getting a B3 for combined humanities which is okay because I thought I was going to fail as I studied the wrong chapters, but I guess my SBQ pulled me up. But it wasn't really okay either because I've been getting A1s since last year.
Bad news! (BOO!)
- I failed chemistry. I'm just seriously not into science because-
- -I failed physics as well.
At the start of the lesson, Miss Punitha came into class and was encouraging as she was all like, "For those who failed, don't give up, you still can get at least a B3 or a B4 if you work very hard from now on." Half way through the lesson, she went, "Are you all MAD? How can you get this question wrong?" But at the end of class she asked to see those who did badly and wanted to see us after school on Friday, to go through the questions which we didn't understand.
So on Friday, Debbie Chia, Pei Jun, Cecilia, Bharani, Divya and I went to this tutorial room to meet Miss Punitha and she seemed nice I guess. It is still unclear to me whether she's being discouraging, encouraging, insulting, or just using reverse psychology (like making you feel that she thinks you suck and to prove her wrong you should work extra hard).
No comments:
Post a Comment