Wednesday, August 17, 2011

University Life (so far)

NUS has been good to me. I was preallocated two exposure modules of my choice (Economics and History), managed to get all my modules at one bid point each and all of my first five tutorial choices for the 5 modules.

Lectures started last Thursday. It was quite a smooth first day. Attended the Japanese Studies lecture with Lynn and Elena, collected my tertiary ezlink card and visited Elena's hostel.

I had no lectures on Friday so my second day was on Monday and it was such a crappy day. I woke up later than I had planned to and rushed to school. It started pouring and I had to use my flimsy umbrella and walk through the rain quickly. There were others rushing for the econs lecture too, and we were like splashing water as we crossed the road. My pretty black shoes got super wet! So did my socks and jeans. I found Elena in the LT and after the lecture we had lunch together. It was a super cold day and I forgot to charge my phone so it died on me. Oh, and I was sick (I still am) so I kept coughing. Elena crashed my class which was about world religions, and we went to the Central Library's Co-op to buy our textbooks. I had to buy 5 books and before that I collected my Japanese Studies course pack, so after paying for the books my bag was so heavy that it made me feel like a turtle. By the end of the day, I felt like dying. Sucks to be sick. I cancelled tuition and went straight home to dump all my books there and rest.

My third day wasn't so bad. I was a little late for lit lecture but I didn't miss anything important and I've already gotten all my books. Happened to meet Pamela outside the LT for history lecture so we went in together. It was quite an uneventful school day but I'd prefer days like this.

I have to get used to uni life and the amount of readings that I have to plough through.



In other news...

I went for the NDP Preview on the 30th of last month thanks to 2 free tickets from Shiya. Her brother is in Scouts so he's in the parade and she was already going for the NE show so she didn't want those tickets. Anyway, the NDP Preview was pretty awesome. The show was really nice and so were the fireworks!

Went window shopping with Yingwei and Xueying at Orchard and after that we agreed to meet up on another day and go to the gym because we have been unhealthy people who do not exercise. So we did that two days later on a Friday but we still didn't exercise much.

Visited my Ah Gong at Kwong Wai Shui with my mum and sis. 2 of my uncles were there and so were my cousins. I haven't seen them in the longest time it was kinda weird to me.

Spent National Day with KK, Paul, ZJ, Shaun, Nigou and JS. Happened to run into Steven when we went to the arcade at Plaza Sing. Watched "Cowboys and Aliens" at The Cathay. It was predictable and it got a little boring. I don't understand why people sitting behind us sounded scared, as if the aliens would somehow come out of the screen and kill them. We walked around and tried to find a good spot to watch the fireworks from, but somehow failed. Managed to watch part of the fireworks -- the other part was blocked by the trees.

Watched "Zookeeper" with Yingwei and Justin at Cineleisure. It was hilarious! Went window shopping as well and had lunch at this place called Medzs. It's at Orchard Central and it's like Marché and Shokudo, but they serve Mediterranean food instead.

Oh, and I finally got to meet Melina! Now I know how to restring and tune my sister's guitar all thanks to her. Yay awesome! Also, I went to Borders to search for my lit books but I could only find one! I got it anyway since I had the Borders voucher which was given to me by PJC.



Oh yeah, many people (who are females) have been telling me that they like my "Girly" post! Haha yay thanks! It feels nice to know that people actually read and like the rubbish that I type. It would be nicer if people actually commented.

As I was typing this post, my computer screen went fuzzy. And my dad just made some weird noises in his sleep. Omg so werid. Maybe I should go to sleep now.

No comments: