Thursday, August 18, 2011

I didn't want to rant, but

Why is my mother so irritating? Before going to school this morning I merely told her that she hadn't given me my allowance so we talked about money and she gave me some. I thought everything was settled but when I came back from school in the afternoon, she starts nagging, claiming that she was hurt because I was comparing my friends get and the amount of money I receive from her. Like, what? What I meant was that compared to other people, I don't spend as much, so I'm not even asking for much. And anyway, since she always thinks that she's very fair to her children, she should give me the same amount of money she gave to my sister when my sister was in year 1. But noo, she says that at that time she was working for her rich patient and since she isn't working now, she has no money. Fine, whatever. I accept that life is unfair. She started nagging and saying the same old stuff about how my father doesn't give her money and she's paying for everything and how all his bills are so high, blah blah blah, and so I just quoted her and said that she was "suay lor", since she likes to complain that she had married the wrong man. Then she gets all annoyed and says that I shouldn't say that she's "suay". What the hell. Seriously? I haven't said anything wrong! Then she continues with her stupid monologue. If there was a play written about my family, it'd probably be very boring. I mean, imagine the setting to be in a cluttered living room. Most of the verbal space would be given to my mother, who would have her own monologue and the monologue would contain a lot of repetition. And she'd be walking around the stage all the time doing the housework while she carries on with her monologue, while the other characters slowly enter one by one and just spend their time watching tv, reading or using the laptop/ computer, ignoring the monologue unless they are being spoken to. All the characters would occasionally have a few lines and conversations with each other but other than that my mother would be doing the most talking. And there would be stupid pointless arguments revolving around similar topics between the mother and father. Omg. It's starting to sound like some existential play by Pinter. I think I'm PMSing.

No comments: