Monday, August 17, 2009

What title should be placed here anyway?

I got all kinds of random/ridiculous/sweet/funny answers from the "World Stealing Day" message which I sent to my friends! Got the message from Michelle. Hahaha. The replies totally made my day :D

Last Friday there was CIP as usual and it was fun! Amazingly, I managed to open the door with just one try (I've always been having trouble unlocking the door when I first arrived at the place). Managed to teach with this whiteboard which I could carry around. After the lesson, there's this sense of satisfaction. It's really rewarding.

Yesterday I went to the NUS guild house because my random Aunt had asked my Mum out for lunch. But my cousins didn't come while my sister was busy giving tuition. So it was just my parents and my Aunt and Uncle. It was a bit weird but okay. The food we had at the chinese restaurant was good. (Just that I kept wondering why they didn't refill our cups. I was so thirsty!)

In school today, I finally felt like myself again! I guess I haven't been myself lately. Haha. Didn't really have Monday blues. And I understood econs! Yay. I don't wanna fail anything again. I have a phobia of failing GP and Econs now, though I think I'd probably fail the recent essay tests anyway. But at least I have this fear instead of just not caring.

Speaking of econs, I think Mr. Por is nice and funny (though he misspelt my name the other day, I shall still forgive him). Mr. Ng is funny too. He told us to copy down something while he munched down an apple lattice during history lecture. Haha.

Our chinese teacher has left! That is sad. I'm not used to the new teacher. And I like 林老师! She's really nice and explains things clearly. Oh and just now during PE, our class had a match with 09S27, Mr. Hiap's form class and also the class with combine with for chinese. It's funny that after so long we still don't know their names! And I guess some of us (including myself) feel inferior because their chinese is better than ours.

There's also this stupid belief which I abhor: that people in the science stream are smarter than those in the arts. I say that this is stupid because it is just simply a matter of choice. Ama, Ati and Shiya may say that my combination is crazy (they also asked me how many pens which I have used, which reminds me that I need to buy G2 pilot pen ink refills), but in turn I find that their combination is crazy. Studying pure sciences was already so horrible for me at the 'O' level standard. I would die in a science class.

If a sciency person were to take an arts combination, they would probably flunk. Of course, there are probably some people who'd excel in whichever they choose because they put their mind to it and are really hardworking. But what really matters is still our interests, isn't it? You have to like what you're doing or be a miserable person and do something which seems meaningless or boring to you.

There's some weirdness in class among people. Doesn't seem like it'll clear up but I'm hoping it would.

Oh and here's a random thought. Maybe the word "myselves" should exist in the dictionary because there are many sides to ourselves. And if you were to refer to your inner personality, your public persona and the different ways you act when you're with different people, or the way you used to be in the past as compared to the present; isn't that multiple sides of yourself which you can call "myselves"?

I finally got around to watch "The Green Mile" online. I was so irritated when they only showed us part of the movie during the post-exam activities. I love the movie a lot! It's nice that everything comes full circle. I like stories like that. But it's also kinda sad at certain scenes and it makes me think a lot about death. This is also one of the rare times that I find a movie, which was based on a novel, really good. But it could be because I've not read the book yet.

The other day during the lit symposium, they got this guy who was a student from NTU to speak to us about Pinter's works and postmodernism. And he mentioned questions of identity, questions like why do we exist and stuff. I remember that when I was young, I started asking my mother why I existed but she told me the scientific explanation which wasn't what I was looking for. So I said something like, nooo, I want to know what am I me and not someone else. But she didn't really get it I was like, never mind. But I didn't know that was kind of like postmodernism or something. Is it? I'm not even sure.

Thinking about so many random things at one time gives me a headache. And I don't know why but I guess I get sad easily even when I'm not directly affected by some problem or situation. Just indirectly affected because people tell me their problems which are sad things which make me sad for them and just sad in general. Which is why sometimes I'm sad for no apparent reason or maybe I just stone. But sometimes I stone for no apparent reason as well. There's a difference in stoning, you know. Hahaha.

But I'm feeling more of myself now so I'll try not to stone so much.

No comments: