Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Town, Movies, Marathon

Post exam activities!!

30/11: Watched You Are the Apple of My Eye/ 那些年,我们一起追的女孩 with KK! Super nice!

1/12: Went to collect KK's race pack. Had to wait in line for an hour at MBS. Met the clique (Yingwei, Xueying, Elena and Justin) straight after. Ate at MOF. Watched Puss in Boots at Marina Square. SO CUTE! I love all the cute cats at the cat bar!!! Oh yeah and Yingwei spelt Puss in Boots as Piss in Butt HAHAHA so funny!^^

3/12: Had PastaMania for lunch. Watched Breaking Dawn with Shiya and Ama at Cineleisure. The movie was so lame!! Hahaha we were laughing in the cinema especially at the end. We had nothing to do after buying stuff at Muji so I suggested that we could go to the library since I was planning to drop by on the way home. Borrowed two books from CCK library.

4/12: Watched You Are the Apple of My Eye again! This time on YouTube at home and with my sister. We watched it until 2am. Since I wasn't sleeping that night, it was a great way to keep me awake! It also ended just in time for me to prepare and leave the house before 3am. Accompanied KK to Orchard where the start of the Standard Chartered Marathon was.

After that it was just a matter of waiting. Which was why I had brought my library books to read but after a while I couldn't take it anymore so I fell asleep. Then I went to wait for KK and his friend at the finishing line which was at the Padang. They took a little longer than expected, resulting in a suntan for me. I know I've always wanted a tan, but I didn't think I'd get a tan in this way. A lot of strangers came to talk to me as well, which was kinda weird. Like, why is everyone so nice and friendly? So unlike in NUS. Anyway, I was glad that he completed his 42km run. Had lunch together before going home to sleep like a pig.

While waiting I explored the empty Ion Orchard and thought of how easy it was to steal. Then I realised that what I had just thought of was exactly what Fleur Talbot thought of in Loitering With Intent. That amused me. But it was fun loitering around Orchard by myself, and of course I didn't steal. I just thought that if I were some kind of shopaholic, I would be tempted to break the glass of certain branded shops to steal. But I wasn't a shopaholic and I wasn't a fan of branded goods. Actually, when I thought of how easy it was to steal, it was because at the first level of Ion I paused in front of cute Christmas decorations, thinking of how easily I could steal the ornaments left on display. But I didn't steal them because it was wrong; they just looked cute and I had no use for them. Anyway there probably were cameras and it would be lame to get caught just for stealing a cute little angel or something.

Nah, I'm kidding. It's just wrong to steal.

I've been to town so many times that perhaps it would be easier if I could just live there.

Anyway, I've been hibernating in my cave ever since the marathon. I'm about to leave the cave in order to return this library book that's due today. I had used for my lit essay which, sadly, did not get me an A. But it is a very useful book: The Theatre of the Absurd by Martin Esslin.

No comments: