I was waiting in line for 188 at the HarbourFront bus interchange just now and I overheard this really stupid conversation these 3 random girls were having in front of me. Okay, one of them didn't really talk much so it was just Girl A and Girl B. Their conversation went something like this:
Girl A: ...After Prisoner of Azkaban, there was...
Girl B: The Goblet of Fire.
Girl A: Yeah! And after that it was-
Girl B: Hey was there like, the Half-Blood Prince?
Girl A: Yeah there was! I read the book! It was about-
Girl B: There was a movie on the Half-Blood Prince right?
Girl A: There was? No, there wasn't! I would've seen it if there was!
Girl B: There was! What was it about anyway?
Girl A: It was the one where that dude dies, right?
(I couldn't bear to listen to their dumb conversation, so I tuned out. A while later...)
Girl A: Was that the one where he met Tom Riddle?
OMG I COULDN'T STAND IT. Those girls talked as if they are Harry Potter fans when they sound so FAKE. And it's plain stupid to think that they didn't make a movie out of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and just skipped to the Deathly Hallows. (It's probably normal to not have an impression of the movie though, since Harry Potter movies never live up to the standards of the book.) And that girl even claimed to have read the book. She was probably staring at the pages and thinking of nail polish or something. And for goodness sake, Tom Riddle is Voldemort! Harry Potter meets and fights Lord Voldemort in some way in almost every book/movie! (Except maybe in the Prisoner of Azkaban)
These girls don't know what they are talking about at all. I don't know why they bother.
Update: I've got 124 pokes on Facebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment