Monday, September 14, 2009

Meow!

10/9/09: Met Vera at City Hall and went to Marina Square's Subway to study! We both were late but she was later. Anyway, we studied after lunch and after studying, we went shopping! Tried on clothes at Zara together. I bought two tops there - it was such a steal! Oh yeah, and we had dinner at Long John. Hahaha. It was so silly of me to have forgotten the existence of the food court there. Talked to my twin, walked a lot, and went home feeling damn tired.

11/9/09: My mum took a day off work and we visited Ah Ma. I did my Math revision package there. Went shopping at Marina Square. Again.

12/9/09: Studied with Yingwei at Jurong library! We talked a lot but managed to do quite a bit; an econs essay, a case study and the chinese essay plan thingy. Yay! Our chinese essay plan is super funny. Hahaha. It has something to do with the darkness - imagery!

14/9/09: It's a sucky day. First day of term 4. Booooooooooooooooooooz. I totally dread going to school and I dread sitting for promos even more. Chinese already killed me in the morning and for the last lesson, I almost died a few times due to balls flying over and almost hitting my head. Oh, and GP debate was really funny! I think my part was stupid because I prepared last minute and talked shit, but who cares.

Life is so sucky. We're just young people who want to have fun, but our fates are ridiculously determined by something called the promotional exams. Jeez. Students have no life and no youth. Students have to study for exams all the freaking time.

Not that I've done much mugging in my life. This is my first time trying to mug. I don't think it's working. I didn't even study this much for 'O' levels!

The future for youths of Singapore is exciting and inspiring? Riiiight. All that will happen is that youths will grow up, maybe graduate from university, get a job and start working.

The job may not be exciting or fulfilling. Just look at some teachers. Okay, so some of them really enjoy teaching, their faces glow and they radiate the spirit of teaching. Good for them. But it seems that there are more of those who are doing their job for the sake of doing it. And they complain that students have the 'do work for the sake of doing it' mindset as well. Which is true. We are ALL doing things just for the sake of doing those things. Why do humans complicate our own lives so much? Why do we come up with ideologies and systems to make our own lives more miserable?

I'd rather be a cat.

No comments: